Monday, July 20, 2009

OMG I'm in LOVE... with the singer 500a slant shank

This machine, the Singer 500a Rocketeer, is THE best thing since they invented the wheel, and its only taken me 49 years to discover it LOL

I love just about everything about it................
  • Its quite. The quietest sewing machine I've EVER used
  • The stitch quality is absolutely amazing
  • The drop in bobbin is ultra simple to use
  • The light actually lights up the whole work area, not just the needle (what a bonus!)
  • The button hole attachement I just bought make fantastic button holes with ease
  • It has loads of built in stitches
  • Stitch selection guide conveniently located in hinged lid of machine
  • Multi position needle, not just left and center.
  • It has drop in cams for even more decorative stitches
  • Did I mention it was QUIET lol
  • Adjustable presser foot pressure
  • Its double needle capable (2 seperate needles at same time) or you can use a twin needle
  • Threading guide located inside hinged nose plate.. super convenient
  • It sews anything I put under the presser foot. On my other machine I have trouble sewing elastic. The singer 500a loves it.
  • There are oodles of extra gadgets to add to it, including a really great ruffler/pleater and a monogramer (I can feel my credt card melting as I type lol)
  • Its just an absolutely beautiful machine to look at.

The only thing I've found so far that I DONT like is the rather strange foot peddle. It isnt like the standard peddles you get with modern sewing machines, infact, in all my years of sewing I havent seen one like it. Its the same sort of shape as a regular peddle, but instead of the whole of the top going down when you press your foot on it there is just a big button on the peddle that you press with the ball of your foot........ its a strange to say the least, and I cannot deny I much prefer the conventional peddle..... ahhh well.... if thats the only fault this amazing singer 500a has then I dont have much to complain about :)



No comments:

Post a Comment